Haha I have not heard of onion chips.. interesting. Wasabi is one of the few super spicy things I’ll eat. But I’m not sure I’d like those. The bag must be do small because a little goes a long way.😉 WFPOTD is always entertaining!
I just wanted to say thank you to ensredshirt, sparrow_hawk, glowyzoey, ponytail, baterista, skua, tam dixon, and jeffw for your condolences. I’ve been sick and have kept forgetting to thank you all for your kind words.
2. They sound good – I can eat whole onions like apples (though I prefer them with French’s yellow mustard).
3. I Agree with the others – the scruffy look is good on you! Now…grow out some of your hair anime-style (ya know, with a long tendril or two falling over your eye a la Winter Soldier), and you’ll be good to go!
4. I am officially giving up on new tv shows. I’ll stick with Elementary and NCIS until they call it quits, but I refuse to watch anything new. Yes – this means one of ‘my’ shows was cancelled – Almost Human. 😦 I really loved it a lot, loved both the characters and the story, which isn’t easy at all for me to do. There’s just nothing worth giving my time to – it’s not worth it if they’re just going to cancel after a handful of shows, and I’m not into shows that use tits, profanity, and gore to keep audiences (as if I can’t see through the ‘advertising’ to get someone hooked – I’m shallow, but not THAT shallow that I’m gonna fall for the whole ‘anything goes’ ploy). Call me a prude, I don’t care, but I have finally realized that I just do not need tv.
What I do need is to read the pile of books stacking up in the living room. 😛
Almost Human didn’t do that bad compared to how a lot of Fox shows are performing but given that Fox are having a horrific time with a lot of their shows suggests to me that they backed out of the idea of renewing because they didn’t want to add the show to the list of underperforming shows on the network. They’ve lost The X Factor, American Idol is looking poor each week ratings wise. Sleepy Hollow is the highest rated scripted show on the network, they’ve had this 2 season Glee renewal thing to stick too despite it hitting a 0.8 this week.
Sad to see it go but really I think Fox will be aiming higher in the next TV season, what with Gotham(Which I think will do well) coming.
An acquired taste perhaps… If you & Akemi are ever in Australia I’ll treat you both to Nutella pizza hehehe… I’ve not yet tried it. Although I know we have better restaurants than that so I’m sure I can gather some Stargate friends to hit somewhere nice 😉
Yeah, I won’t be trying those. I do agree with everyone’s comments that I like this scruffy look.
It is very sad about Almost Human. They should have kept the mystery. The pilot episode I saw was not the pilot episode you all saw. They should have stuck to the InSyndicate storyline. The pilot episode I saw showed what InSyndicate was looking for in the evidence locker and it was a DOOZY. It involved something very important to Kennex and that is all I can really say about it. Maybe they got spooked about Fringe and wanted to keep this as a show that people didn’t have to understand to follow each week. I think that was a big, big mistake. I do have a 3-D giraffe made from a 3-D printer that my friend Nikolai made for me (representing #TeamTinyGiraffe)–that little hologram in the pilot you saw.
Hi Joe, I have a spurious subject matter. Well not so much because it does come under the eating strange foods. I just saw a Cars.com internet commercial. “Tastes like chicken.” Very funny!
Otherwise I must check out those wasabi chips. I really like the green pea and wasabi snacks.
- Sharpe's Tiger by Bernard Cornwell
- The Emperor's Blades by Brian Staveley
- So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson
- The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
- Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
- Thirteen Hours by Deon Meyer
- Get Carter by Ted Lewis
- This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
- Half A King by Joe Abercrombie
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Summer House with Swimming Pool by Herman Koch
- We Are the Goldens by Dana Reinhardt
- The Troop by Nick Cutter
- The Road to Reckoning by Robert Lautner
- The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay
- Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to the Comic Book Universe by Tim Leong
- We Are All Complete Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls