With Rob assuming hosting duties for this weekend’s Football Sunday festivities, I thought the least I could do was pick up dessert. And what better dessert, I figured, than some guy-themed cupcakes from Mancakes Bakery which boasts such manly flavors as Buffalo Wing and Tequila Lime? And, maybe even some eclairs from Soirette. According to google, Mancakes opens at 10:00 a.m. on Sundays so, with the first game slated for a noon kick-off, I split the difference and got there at 11:00. The shop was dark. I waited. 11:05 still dark. I checked the official website and was disappointed to discover it actually opens at noon on Sundays. Great for people who would rather eat cupcakes instead of watching football, but not very good for people who actually want to eat cupcakes WHILE they watch football. I hate to say it, but not very manly.
So, I hopped back in the car and drove over to Soirette, deciding I’d settle for eclairs. When I arrived at Soirette, however, I was told that I would need to order the eclairs in advance and, since they had none on hand…
I was back in my car, heading over to G Cafe where I picked up some enormous chocolate zeppole, pecan pie tarts, peanut butter hedgehogs, and brownies…which I forgot to photograph for posterity’s sake.
I did, however, snap pics of some of the other afternoon highlights…
We were later joined by Lawren, Tio, and a friend of Rob’s for what turned out to be a most satisfying afternoon of football, satisfying in that the Patriots AND Colin Kaepernick went down to defeat. This Superbowl, pitting the #1 offense in the NFL against the #1 defense in the league should be a great one. In principle.
All that was fun but now, back to work. I’ve got a script to re-read in advance of a Monday morning meeting regarding a show running opportunity on a new show. Also, I’ve got to jump on that horror script. I hit the 69 page mark last night and should have a rough first draft for Alex by week’s end.
I leave you with this 10 Question Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Book Meme nicked from the gang at SFSignal.com:
1. The last sf/f/h book I read and liked was: Red Country by Joe Abercrombie.
2. The last sf/f/h book I read and wasn’t crazy about was: The Explorer by James Smythe.
3. The sf/f/h book I am reading now is: The Sandman Omnibus, volume I by Neil Gaiman.
4. The sf/f/h book(s) I most want to read next is/are: Snowblind by Christopher Golden.
5. An underrated sf/f/h book is: The Dark Beyond the Stars by Frank M. Robinson.
6. An overrated sf/f/h book is: Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson.
7. The last sf/f/h book that was recommended to me was: Ancillary Justice by Anne Leckie.
8. A sf/f/h book I recommended to someone else was: Old Man’s War by John Scalzi.
9. A sf/f/h book I have re-read is: A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin.
1o. A sf/f/h book I want to re-read is: A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin.
Post your responses here, and here: A 10 Question Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Book Meme