A late blog entry today, so I’ll make it quick by offering up a bullet point summary of my day:
– Read, re-read, and re-re-read the 56 pages I’ve got on Whispers so far, hoping it would put me in the proper frame of mind that would allow me to write the final scene.
– It didn’t.
– Went down to Stage 5 where Robert was being interviewed by Space on the upcoming Ark of Truth release, patiently waiting for twenty minutes in the wings until the interview ended so I could yell “Booooring!”
– Was relayed a query from certain individuals who requested their scripts only be printed on white pages because the multi-colored production drafts hurt their eyes to read. Seriously. Would they like our office assistant to chew their food for them too?
– Said goodbye to Amanda and told her it was a pleasure working with her these past eight years. “Don’t’ be a stranger,”I told her in a particularly emotional moment. “Come back and say hi.” Then was quick add: “But call first so we can clear your name with the guard at the front gate.”
– Said hello Paul McGillion back who dropped by the production offices on his way to his wardrobe fitting for The Seed. I pitched him Whispers. He was predictably delighted at the prospect of being stranded off-world with an all-female team.
– Gave Alan notes on his beat sheet. Told him I thought it was going to be a fantastic episode. No pressure.
– Gave Carl notes on his revised beat sheet for Tracker. My one big cover note: Change the guy’s name. Clearly frustrated, Carl informed me he was open to suggestions. I consulted the list of ingredients listed on the packaged mixed nuts sitting on the coffee table, immediately coming up with the inspired “Peanutia“.
– Discussed Rage of Angels, future dinner plans, and Lawren’s uncanny and frankly quite annoying knack for cleaning up at poker night with Chris Judge.
– Welcomed back David Nykl who brought us all dark chocolate which, to be quite honest, was much tastier than the goldfish he gifted me with at the end of last season.
– Ate way too much at lunching, but made for it by eating way too much at dinner.
Today’s blog entry is dedicate to Giler – Good luck on that quiz!